www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June 6th Thru 13th

Default June 6th Thru 13th

I promised Brian that I would try to get some fishing reports active again so I will post a short report on our week at C/h. This week started on a down note with frost on the morning of the 6th. Even with the severe cold front we could find plenty of fish just not the right fish.The reefs were pretty much dead as the water temp was around 58 degrees. I did catch a bunch of smaller walleyes almost every where but they were deeper than in past years. I was using leeches and a Lindy rig and some of the other guests were having the same results with a jig and minnow.I think the transition from minnows to leeches and crawlers was just beginning. Later in the week with warmer temps the nicer fish became more active and we were able to land a number in the 17" to 20" range. Most of the nicer fish were caught in 16 to 30 foot of water off to the sides of reefs and and shelves. Not our best year but still a great time as always. I must admit that there are 3 very large walleyes still swimming around with in blocks of the resort but that is another story that will be left alone as I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I still get overly excited. I would be more concerned if I didn't.

As always Brian, Kathy and the kids were the perfect hosts and the resort is the best in the area. If you are looking for a place to go you cannot go wrong at C/H.

Thanks for everything.

Cross some Eyes
    Dick and Maggie

Thanks Dick and Maggie for your fishing report, sorry the weather wasn't the greatest. It maybe starting to warm up. I know where "a couple for blocks away from camp" is. Got one last year from there and is hanging on my wall from that place. Well, I'm sure things will change by the time we get there the 1st of August.

Good Luck to the rest of us and tight lines.

Kym C