www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: surface fishing for smallmouth bass

Post surface fishing for smallmouth bass

Hi Anglers,
    I would like to discus about where i can find a place to fish for smallmouth bass with surface lures from shore from lake wausau and schofield flowage, what place should i trying for surface fishing for smallmouth
    we do not have a boat i would like to know where pouplar place to fish for smallmouth bass at

Stay away from lake Wausau if you want to fish from shore. Just head to the river, anywhere below the papermill dam. Lots of good smallmouth action. Hope that helps.

Jim

You can catch smallmouth from shore from below both the Schofield and Wausau Dams. Like Jim mentioned, the stretch of river from the Domtar Dam down to Mosinee is excellent, and offers many access points to anglers looking to fish from shore.

Tight lines,
    Wisconsin Angling Adventures
    Joel DeBoer

Web Site: http://www.wisconsinanglingadventures.com
    FaceBook: Joel DeBoer Outdoors
    Twitter: @joelthemuskyman
    Email: joelthemuskyman@charter.net
    715-297-7573

thanks u for reply about other place that i would have to find a shorefishing for smallmouth bass.. and i wonder where is domtar dam is at ? any name of park at river down from domtar dam to mosinee,
    well i'm new to that place been move to wisconsin from iowa year ago and i been start study and learn

Catchyboo--

To fish from shore below the domtar dam you have to fish from the west side. It is the dam right behind the papermill in Rothschild. Here's how to get there...take the frontage road in Rib Mt. like you are going to King's Campers..go past Kings and keep following the road...you'll go over HWY 29 and about 1/4 mile on your left you will see a gravel parking lot, pull in there, park and walk down the hill to the water...

If you get over there please do me a favor..there are two big green gates that block the road to the landing. These gates are sometimes open, sometimes closed lately for some unknown reason. Please post back on here telling when you were there and if that road to the landing was open or not.

Thanks,