www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: T.F.F. Update

Default T.F.F. Update

Wednesday greeted my 3 clients and I to fairly calm conditions, along with an unexpected shallow walleye bite. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either fatheads or Gulp Alive, my clients and I started out working a few midlake humps with no success. Moving to a shallow hump (4 to 6 ft.) we found some active eyes holding here and some very nice ones at that. We then moved to a shallow bay containing wood and coontail and found a couple more nice eyes in there. We managed to hook up with a couple of smaller eyes along side a floating bog before trying some shallow boulders with no luck. Our last move was to a shallow (4 ft.) rocky shelf that held some very nice eyes, boated 3 here with the largest (released) being 24 inches.

Back out today, will keep you posted.
    Don Pemble

Default Prize walleye

In a previous life, I once caught a 24" walleye on the Flowage. I was fishing with Earl Tomek (of Tomek's Old Log Inn) and Wally Wagner (brother of Millie Weseman who owned Al's Place.) I commented that I wanted to have it mounted for the wall in my rec room. We pulled-in at Pump Island for a shore lunch. They sent me off in the boat to scour for some driftwood for a fire. (Back then, using such wood was allowed.)

When I got back they already had a fire going, and they had my "prize" walleye fileted and frying in the pan. Laughingly, they handed me the skin and said I could hang that on the wall and folks would be able to get the idea.

Earl and Wally are gone now. But, they still laughed about that event some 30 years after the fact.