www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: How's the ice?

Default How's the ice?

Has anyone been out the last few days. Any reports on ice or fishing success

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

As of last week, ice depths of 7"-9" were reported. Snowmobiles and ATVs are traveling on the ice, but extreme caution should be used. There are two shanties on the ice out from the Donners Bay landing in front of the Cedar Cove A-Frames. Single digit temps are predicted for tonight.

Default Ice conditions

I've been out every day except yesterday and I'm finding 8 to 10 inches of good solid ice. The walleye action has been very good in the early evening hours between 3:45 and 4:30. I been doing the best in depths no deeper than 5 feet, in some cases, I done the best in as little as 3 feet of water. Golden shiners have been working for me. Plenty of shanties out there and ATV's and snowmobiles are running all over. Did see a Jeep CJ out on the ice on Christmas day, but thats the only vehicle that I've seen out there.

Happy New Year to everyone and good fishing.
    Don Pemble

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Parsons View Post
    Has anyone been out the last few days. Any reports on ice or fishing success
    Gary,
    Just read through the transcripts of your Monday evening chat on WC, glad to see you didn't mention our TFF. Don't need any more people than us enjoying it's beauty!
    Have a great New Years, HRG

The TFF is our own little private playground) And thanks Don, I finally got a chance to get my gear ready. Think I'll go tomorrow.

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Our guests at Flambeau Vista Retreat on Lake Bastine reported limited success the past few days with only northerns and perch.

Our guests earlier in the week (Dec. 26-27) reported a few walleyes in about 5' of water on golden shiners. They also got two burbots (YUM!).

Ice depth is at about one foot. Snowmobiles/ATVs are traveling on the ice without a problem; however, truck travel is not yet advised.

Heavy wet snow has been falling over the last 24 hours.

It's a Winter Wonderland in God's Country.

All of you are welcome to come join us and enjoy.

Happy New Year.