www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: St. Clair gives up a beauty.

Default St. Clair gives up a beauty.

My wife and I went to St. Clair for opening weekend. We didn't do very well on Saturday, but Sunday I nailed a 52 inch 40 pounder. We had been staying at Quinlans Marina "home of the Can Am" since Friday and had a room reserved at the Dragon for Sunday night. Around 2pm we decided to go check in and get a shower. I suggested that we go back out for the evening after a bite to eat and Drenda said ok. When we were going out the channel I told her I was going to live or die by the 5 New St. Clair Hound baits that Bruce delivered Friday evening. We headed west and about 30 minutes later one of my boat rods went off. When I grabbed the rod I knew it was a nice fish so I backed the boat down to idle. Drenda started to reel in the other lines but when they were falling her planer rod slammed back and the fun started. She fought it to about 10 feet to the boat and the hook came out at the surface. We both got a nice look at it and I think it was bigger than mine. Meanwhile my fish managed to get the other 2 lines rapped with it and jumped like a tarpin over my planer line. When I got it to the boat it shot straight under it. As it flew by I watched my other 2 hounds trail it. Now I am shitting my pants. I turned her around and I could tell my other lines were now in the motor. I told Drenda that we are gonna have one shot at this. When she cleared from out under the boat I pulled hard back and she shot for the surface. As she hit the top Drenda slid the net under her and she exploded in the net but she was mine. After high fives and some hollering I cut the hooks and slipped my lure out. We pulled her out for some pictures and measuring and released her healthy. I want to thank Paul Lalonde for the new planer boards and advice. I also want to thank Bruce for the hounds. Alot of baits would not have lasted. Both fish hit hounds. Also thanks to Mark and Marg for everything.
    Mark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0142 (480x640).jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	5270  

Congrats Mark. Nice pig !!

Cliff

Thanks for the kind words Mark. Beauty fish!

Awesome fish! Fatso! We were up in anchor bay on saturday and had action early. Got a got a 46" and 4 about 20-24". Lost one about the size of yours right behind the boat. Maybe Ill need some of those hounds?!?! They have to have great hookup rates.

I'd upload a photo but I cant without making it microscopic.

Default Brents Muskie pic

Brent, I have the picture you sent me. I can upload it.
    I'm gettin ready to head back up to St Clair tonight. It's gonna be tough to beat Pontoon Marks fish, but I know bigger ones are there.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46 St Clair opener Brent.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	5289  

Wink

Nice fish Brent. Hopefully we can get into some more in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by Mark Steinert; 06-13-2009 at 07:35 AM.