www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Reports

Cool Fishing Reports

Does anyone Musky fish Lake Kinkaid anymore? I have not seen a report in a coon's age.

I think they are all up north now. Which means you and I are to quit muskie fisihing Kinkaid cause the water is too warm.I understand the logic of that however I cant help but wonder if they were trapped down here for the summer, would the safe water temp be 85 or 90? Im not grinding an axe here, I love everyone, but Im just wondering.

Default Kinkaid Report

I was out Sunday. I lucked into two fish. Water temp in the main lake was 75 in the morning and about 79 by late afternoon. Some of the main lake coves were at 81 the afternoon.

I'm not sure if 80 degrees is the magic number or not but to me it doesn't make that much difference what the water temperature is now. There are so many pleasure boaters out there this time of the year (at least during the weekend when I can go fishing) that it isn't much fun anyway.

You have to be very careful if you are trolling and use really short lines or they will get run over. I had a pontoon boat and a jet ski cut in right behind my boat and had to reel in my lures as fast as I could to keep them from getting sucked up the in the props. No way I would use planer boards this time of the year, that is just asking for trouble.

I'm done till September.

Hey guys,

I am sitting in my rental cabin up here on Leech Lake right now looking at a cold, cold rain. Just got up here yesterday evening, and am fired up to get on the water soon!!

Next week I leave for Operation Muskie up on Lake of the Woods where we take the vets muskie fishing. I can't wait. Last year was such a huge success!!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com