www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sat - Tues action

Default Sat - Tues action

Was up for 4 days and on Sat. found some jumbos, 11 - 12", kept 14 (2 guys). Sun was poor, couldn't get on anything. Mon I switched to the river and ended up with 5 muskies in 2 days with the largest being 45" and 43. Also got and 18" smallie.

nice job on the muskies!!

Congrats on some nice fish ! What were the hot baits on the river ? I will be up there next Friday for a week fishing the river mostly around Park Falls. I will be more on the look for Pike . But would love to tie into some of those monster Smallies.

Thx

Default baits

small bucktails, big plastics. I'd post a pic but I don't know how to pull it off my Yahoo acct. The fish are very shallow so pick baits you can fish high.

I was camping near the Blair Lake narrows last weekend and fished Fri - Sun a.m. The wind was so strong on Friday that we stayed close to camp and found some walleyes and perch in shallow stump filled area's. On Sat. a.m. the wind layed down enough to get to the big water where we caught some nice smallies on soft plastic baits along the boulders. The wind started blowing out of the east after lunch and brought rain with it so we headed back into the river. Had one nice musky follow (42-45") on a chatter bait but the fishing seemed to do an about face - even the snakes took a rest. Misty and 43 degrees when we pulled up stakes on Sunday a.m.

Thanks for the great feedback guys ! I can't wait to get uo there !!!!!