www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The bass are still hitting pfessor
    Our neighbours are out here all week and are doing some fly fishing for them. Robbie caught a couple the other day with his fly rod. He is getting pretty good at it. Him and my nephew and my dad went down outlet bay and are making the trek by canoe all the way to Clay lake so they should have some good fishing along the way.
    The musky are super hungry right now. There have been a lot of musky caught so far this week. One young man (age 14) who is new to the lake caught a 45" from the dock, a 38" out front and a 46" so far. That is amazing for any musky fisherman!
    The weather hasn't exactly been the greatest, it has gotten fairly cold again but hopefully brighter skies are in our future. We have a bunch of kids in camp this week and it doesn't seem to bug them too much but it would be nice to let them see the sun!
    The extra rain brought the lake up a couple more inches. It is a lot higher than normal for this time of year.
    I will try to post some pictures next week.

Lydia
    North Country Lodge
    Web Site: http://www.musky-fishing.com

Thanks Lydia for the update.
    You are helping us determine our reservation dates for next year. I know we've been cutting it pretty close as to when they will first begin to "wake up".
    We drive around 3300 miles round trip and want to be there when a lot of action is going on. And yes, I know it's a guessing game, and there's no guarantee on anything, and each year is different but your information helps tremendously.
    I appreciate your updates and I know a lot of others do also. I will be looking forward to your next report hoping you will mention the bass, muskie and walleye in it also. You do an excellent job.
    Have a great week.
    By the way, your phone cards are the best deal going for Canada to USA calls. They beat regular International call cards by a mile.
    pfessor