www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Park Falls Pike - Limit question

Default Park Falls Pike - Limit question

Hello

Everyone ! We are about to make our 4th spring trip back into the Northwoods and can't wait to get there ! Will be there from the 20-27th and will be on the hunt for some Pike for eating and some hopefully great smallmouth for some great pictures !

Any reports in the area ? Anyone been on the Flambeau or any of the lakes around Park Falls ? ( Blockhouse or any others )

Also this year my 13 year daughter has decided to give it a shot at a weeks worth of fishing ! Can't wait to get here some of the great action we have had in the past ! I do have a question about limits , we bought a non-res family license and it wouldn't allow me to add her to it , saying only to add 15-17 yr olds . So since I couldn't add her , does anyone know if she is allowed her own limit of fish ? I tried to find the answer on the DNR website with no luck ?

Thanks for the help !

Chad

I should have said the Flambeau flowage around the Park Falls area ?

yes, she can keep her own limits provided she actually caught them herself of course.

Ski

Thank you ! The plan is for her to catch them herself , this is the first year she has wanted to go and I am very excited to see her catch some Pike and SM . I keep telling her how hard they both fight ! I justed wanted to make sure before we go so I knew if they counted on my limits . Can't wait to see her fighting some of the Northwoods greatest !

Thanks again !

Good luck!!

Default Fishing with daughter

I remember a time when my 13-year-old daughter fished TFF. She was fishing from the shoreline of Al’s Place - - now known as Fort Flambeau Condominiums. She was using a bobber and a juicy, fat nightcrawler for bait. This was back before the smallmouth population became abundant.

She said, “Daddy, did my bobber just go under?”

I said, “Yes it did, honey - - and next time that happens, you should set the hook.”

Sure ‘nuf, it happened again. She set the hook and reeled-in a nice-sized crappie. We took it up to Skully’s in Park Falls for the weekly fish contest. It was the biggest crappie in the glass-topped freezer box for the entire week. She had her eye on a new fishing rod as a prize.

Lo and behold, on the last day somebody tossed into Skully’s box a crappie that was ¼” longer. She was sad all the way home to Chicago. Incidentally, that 13-year-old daughter recently celebrated her 49th birthday. Enjoy fishing with your daughter while you can! Time does fly.

Great story. Thanks!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Great Story Musky Mauler----Been taking my 2 boys up to the mercer area fishing since they could stand--same thing my father did with me. Just made our annual trip this may and they are now 22 and 19---Yes the time does seem to go by quickly-- and I feel very blessed each time we can get together and go fishing. I plan on keeping the tradition going as long as I can and hope they get to experience it with their own kids someday. I tghink these are the Best times we spend together and the memories are priceless.

Thanks for the Great stories ! I hope to start making those same memories this year ! In fact starting this Saturday when we get there brite and early ! As excited as I am to get back to the Northwoods , I keep replaying over and over in my head Paige hooking into to her first fish of the North ! And maybe a chance to hook into something "BIG".

Any new reports from up that way ?

Vacation mode really set in last night as I couldn't get to sleep , just keep thinking of different places I could wait to get to and start throwing my spinnerbait !!!