www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report 6/7/2009

Default Fishing Report 6/7/2009 pictures updated to 5/31/2009

Fishing has still been good to excellent for the guides. We have had 2 days that were a little tougher, because of cold weather.

Here is my weekend report. I had 4 guys out from New London, IA on Fri and Sat. On Friday our group caught 200 - 225 fish. Caught our 20th keeper fish was caught at 2:00 p.m. One of the best catch days that I have had. My groups overall best fishing trip. On day 2 high of 50 degrees we brought in 15 keepers. Our boat caught around 125 fish, still an excellent day. We fished in the West Bend area on Friday and the Iron Nation area on Sat. Today(Sun) I guided a family from Omaha, NE. We made a change in venue (Elm Creek), caught our limit (12 walleyes), caught between 80 - 90 fish today. Another very good fishing day. I will update tomorrows catch to finish out my weekend fishing. updated 6/8/2009 - today for my boat was a little tougher. We came in 2 fish short of our limit (caught between 60 - 70 fish). All in all a very good trip. The boys had an excellent time.

Our water temp has dropped 6 degrees this week, which is making the keepers bite only for certain periods of time during the day. As we get more stable weather the keeper fish will bite better. It also seems that the afternoon bite is a little better than the morning bite as far as the keepers are concerned.

The weekends overall fishing report. Fishing for the guys staying at the motel was a little tougher. You have to turn alot of fish to get your limit. Most of the limits came from the West Bend area and elm Creek. There was also a limit brought in today from Crow Creek. Most of our fishing on both reservoirs have been from 10 - 20 feet. We are also catching some fish from 6 to 10 feet if you can stay away from the smallmouth bass. As the Hillside way, we are fishing with 2 oz bottom bouncers a chartruese spinner and crawler.

Stop in the bait shop for the up to the minute fishing reports and check out our fishing pictures for the week.

Until next week
    Mike Allen
    Last edited by Mike Allen; 06-08-2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Mike Allen
    Allen's Hillside South Dakota Fishing & Hunting Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.allenshillside.com