www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report June 07

Default Fishing Report June 07

Another great day of fishing.
    We stared out slow, the fish were on the points in 23 to 28 feet of water but refused to bite. Then about 11am they turned on and we ended up with about 50 walleyes between 14 and 22 inches. We fished both leaches and minnows on 1/4 and 1/8 oz. jigs. Along with the walleyes we had about a dozen perch in the 10 to 13 inch range.
    While we waited for the eyes to get fired up we fished the bass in the rocks along the shorelines. They were hitting both crank baits and spinnerbaits. I was throwing a firetiger shad rap and David and his father used spinnerbaits, crawfish and chartruess colors.
    Dick Wilkening
    Pro Staff Witch Bay

Thumbs up Bass

Hi Wayne, has the water hit the magic 60 mark yet? The bass should be staging getting ready to get on the nest if the temps have hit 60.

Water temps are not at 60 degrees yet. We are struggling to keep mid 50's, but hoefully that changes with the warm days in the longrange forecast. Still finding some bass along the boulders, and they are hefty.

Smile I'm leaving Monday

Wayne, I will be leaving Monday the 15th from Ashland Va. It's 1650 miles from my parent's Island in Big Stone Bay. If the weather holds off , I'm hoping we can hit the bass rust right . I can remember a few years a go when the water didn't reach 60 untill the 4th of July , I hope it will not be that late. Well have a good week and maybe I will get down to camp this year.Thanks for the info Brad