The walleye bite has been consistent despite the below normal temperatures and numerous amount of rain cells that have moved through the area over the past week. Thunder boomers have been kept to a minimum so perhaps that is helping keep the fish biting.

This spring has seen the most varying reports of walleyes in terms of depths that I can ever remember. People have been catching fish down to 40 feet of water and regularly in 20 feet and deeper. Jigs and spinner rigs are still the top producers and we're selling many more minnows than leeches. The big walleye of the week was a 29.5 incher that was CR'd. No camera on board so the "P" in CPR had to be left out. Knowing the angler that caught the fish as well as I do, I'm quite sure it wasn't even close to his personal best so probably wouldn't have warranted a picture in his boat anyway.

Northerns have been a little quiet to start, but one group got into some near the end of the week in Obabikon lake.

Still hearing many reports of muskies harassing walleye fisherman so be ready for that if you are out fishing walleyes.

Smallies have also been caught by walleye fisherman when they get into more shallow structure (10-14 feet), but have also been found throwing boulder/rubble shorelines.

Two weeks til muskies open and then the madness will set in for some of us until the ice comes in.