www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Alum Creek

Default Alum Creek

Its no secret that Alum Creek is on fire with alot of small Muskys.There is an incredible growth rate going on in that lake.This lake needs to be attacked by catch and release anglers to insure the future and it would be a real shame if whats going on got neglected.Its funny how some think the lake is void of saugeyes and crappie realize you might not be fishing in the proper depths and until you dial in on the proper depths quit bitching!Read the post on OGF, they are catching alot of nice Saugeye and Crappie from Alum.Its very important that all anglers are on the same page this is what makes our lakes better for everyone.I have been catching and releasing some real nice Bass, from Alum even though thats not what im seeking.There are no size limits on Saugeye, or Musky but realize neither has a serious chance of reproducing.No issues with anyone that wants to clean and eat a Saugeye, but please release the Bass and Muskies they help your fishing more then you realize!I hate catfish and have caught them trolling for Musky but they get released the same way to fight again!We are all SPORTSFISHERMEN no matter what fish we seek and if we all learn to focus on keeping fish alive our inland lakes could become INCREDIBLE! Sincerley C.B

Default Ohio Muskie Program Possibly Eliminated!

Wasnt aware til just recently that Ohio, maybe cutting the Musky program.To me, this is very sad news, especially when some of our lakes are just starting to reach potential!Seems as the (Golden Geese) are the Deer and Walleyes well that doesnt fair well for Saugeyes and Musky and the concentration is on Lake Erie, might be a tad late to fix the Walleye, on the big pond.I went thru all the call or write your Senator or Representaive, when it came to eliminating commerical fishermen who broke serious rules on Lake Erie, well they voted for the 3 strikes your out policy and were flooded with emails and phones calls to stop the abuse.Whats left in our inland lakes maybe all we get for now and I hope folks really do more now then ever to release a fish thats truly considered a Golden Egg to the so called minority of anglers called Musky fishermen.Hunting and Fishing license sales funds were suppose to take care of our programs you can bet someone is dipping into the cup for something else.Not enough common sense to say okay we might have to raise the price of hunting and fishing licencse, instead lets vote to cut programs my God ,we need to do a better job of electing folks! C.B

Default Musky Fishing Anywhere in Ohio!

I can recall the good ole days in Ohio!Im certainly not saying the good ole days, have passed us all by but will say (PRESSURE)has definetly increased.Ohio, is not blessed with miles and miles of lakes, in fact Ohio, has more anglers per acre of water then anyone else in the U.S.Clearfork,great lake has some heart stopping fish but its highly unlikely they havent wised up being as this lake is small and gets fished everyday of the week by knowledgeable anglers and a certain % of bigger fish have already been caught and released!Leesville big lake and probably an Ohio anglers best chance of hooking up with a 50 incher but it also falls into the pressured category.Alum Creek 3 phases of a lake and the northern part is probably the least fished because of poor water clarity because of rainfall!C.C great lake but its surely doesnt fall into an easy lake to catch and release a Musky lotta good sticks around that area including Pros!Piedmont, all I know about this lake is not alot of talk one of those just shut up and fish lakes and holds the present State Record!Salt Fork no doubt this lake still has some fish that would stop your heart but it surely has PRESSURE!WestBranch your heart would beat real fast if the biggest Musky in the lake followed your lure.Lake Milton, even though it got the sham by not getting a year class that went to Alum still has some brutes.Pymatuning no doubt has a few 40lb class fish that have a better opportunity eating whats available then grabbing your lure.So think real hard before you decide not to respond to the men that have the deciding vote to decide your lakes future.Realize doing nothing means you will have no right to complain in the future.A 1st year Musky angler or a veteran of 30years, this is the time to come together and say logic doesnt believe cutting out certain programs is the right approach.J.B