www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: need help with non-active muskie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default need help with non-active muskie

Ive seen a muskie several time while walleye fishing. it comes close to the surface and just kinda hovers there the fish while do this several times a night. Ive tried many different types of lures and nothing. i don't throw them directly at it but past it and bring them in front of the fish or in the direction i last saw her. any suggestions would be helpful.

I'll take a stab....

Given this scenario, I assume this fish is not actively chasing baits or you would have netted her already. You might be able to quickly buzz something right past her and get a reaction strike or go back on her geared-up with bona-fide musky stuff and hopefully catch her in the right mood. If she were laying up shallow, you could put a big rubber jig/creature in front of her, hop it around and hopefully provoke a strike.

She will eat when she is ready.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 06-05-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

thanks red that is what i thought she will eat when she is ready. the first time i seen her, i only had my walleye gear but ever since then i have been taking more and more musky stuff. i was thinking of running a surface bait.

saw her again last night. i started to toss some of my larger lures around 4oz. now when i started doing that i said to my self this is a bad idea well i now know why rods have lure ratings. i will have to order another rod maybe ill get 2 this time, so i am not tempted into this situation again.

Stun gun and net her quick???? Tazer???

I've seen a few fish like that myself and wasn't ever able to do anything with them, I always figured they were up digesting something??? I didn't know for sure but it made me feel better I couldn't get it interested in anything.
    I say like Red..........Maybe a reaction strike to something moving by FAST!