You've probably been too busy netting fish in recent days to post much, both walleyes and salmon! Have to get out with you sometime to tangle with some of those 'eyes. I've heard from you and others that it's been an amazing season for them. I'm not sure how you feel Scott, but I'd like to see a few more of those 'eyes go home with anglers. I can remember when it was "let's release 'em all except one for the wall" sort of thing, but they're getting so thick that even some of my "fishless" friends can catch limits! (LOL). My point is, I believe they may be affecting the perch and Green Bay brown trout as well (cormorants too, of course). What's your take?

Been really heating up on the big lake. Three Southern Door anglers had a 15-fish limit of nice kings at Algoma in three hours tonight. All looked to be roughly about 8 to 15 pounds or so, maybe a couple bigger. Some of the charters had 20- to 30-fish catches this morning. There are some lake trout mixed in on many boats, but mostly kings. Only a few steelhead so far, but not many guys fishing deeper and many steelies still coming off a late spring spawn which might also be affecting the catch.