www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Shallow Water Trolling Today

Thumbs up Shallow Water Trolling Today

Most people over look shallow water for trolling. It is a great place to contact fish. Granted, you will lose some crank baits unless you go back to get them out of the stumps. For myself as a guide I do not have that option. I cannot pull in seven other lines to go back to save a $7.00 bait. It is not fair to my customers to waste their paid time for this reason. In some seasons I will go through 100 plus crankbaits trolling shallow water. Oh well, thats the way it is.
    Today we trolled shallow water on the north end of "Pete" for 41/2 hours and boated over 60 fish in seven species. 25 Black & White Crappies, over 20 walleye, 1 keeper, two in the slot the rest "shorties. The remiander were two northern, one carp, some white bass, sheephead and catfish. That averages out to one fish every 5 min. That,s not fishing, that's called catching.

Don't overlook shallow water.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

Hi Jerry. What speed do you do your trolling at? I am supposing that you have a kicker motor.
    My job used to get in the way of my personal life, but not anymore.

I troll with my 90hp tiller at 1.8-2.2mph.

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

that's pretty good. I can't go slower than 2.4mph with my 75hp. I'm working the slower trolling speeds with my minn kota this year to see if it makes any difference.
    My job used to get in the way of my personal life, but not anymore.