www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June 3 Fishing Report

Talking June 3 Fishing Report

FISHING REPORT – June 3, 2009

Hi Folks. Unseasonably cool temperatures dominated the fishing scene last week. The cold has had an effect on much of our fishing activities. The repeated cold fronts have slowed weed growth which is much needed to continue a good walleye bite. It has also pushed bass out of the shallows and seems to be keeping many of the bluegills away also. Another thing the cold front is doing is keeping crawlers on the in-active side of fishing.

WALLEYE fishing remains strong and should continue until the mayfly hatch. If you’re going out in search of walleye, concentrate on green weeds, especially coontail – this is a walleye’s favorite weed. If you find a patch of nice green weed, it should be loaded with walleyes putting on a good feed. On area flowages, timber is the key – our best luck has been taking place in heavy snags in the 7 to 10 ft. mark. We are seeing some very nice fish – many of which are averaging 16 to 18 inches. It’s time to start taking ALL kinds of bait. I’m still finding a lot of activity on minnows and I’ve upgraded the size of bait I’m using to medium or large redtails. Leeches have also been performing well and some crawler activity is beginning to take place. We are finding minnows working well in the cooler morning hours, and as the day warms up, leeches and crawlers pick up in activity. Watch as water temperatures rise and start hanging in the 65 to 70 degree mark. When this happens a good meat bite should begin.

MUSKY activity is beginning to show signs of life. We’ve begun to see some big fish prowling the weedbeds in that 7 to 10 ft. mark. We’ve been catching a lot of walleyes that have been slashed up by muskies. It looks like this upcoming weekend could be a good one to find a big fish. I would look at the weed beds in water depths ranging from 9 to 13 feet and I would concentrate on small to mid-sized waters.

That’s it for now. See you on the water. Jeff Winters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rachel and ed.JPG 
Views:	311 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	5150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kieth.JPG 
Views:	317 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	5151  
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313