www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Murph-What's your go-to muskie lure?

Default Murph-What's your go-to muskie lure?

I know it's like pulling teeth to get anglers to reveal secrets but. . . we'll be heading to Leech on June 12th for a shot at muskies (first time on this lake) and I'm wondering if you'd reveal this: if you could only bring one lure with you at this time of year, on Leech, what lure would it be? The selection is overwhelming and I'm just looking for a little help picking the right ones.

Thanks!

Default Baits

Only one lure, that would be a very tough decision. I usually make my choice due to weather conditions. Not weather the day I am fishing but weather during the spring. Again, we are facing unusual cold water(global warming?). This means we will have to go small and slow for the most part. If I could use only one bait it would be a 6 inch Reef Hawg. OK there you have it, but since we can have more than 1 bait in the boat here are a few other choices. A jig and soft plastic, a small buck tail and or spinner bait. I would also try a topwater bait like a jackpot. I slow walk the dog bait will move some fish.

The key is to experiment with baits till you can find a pattern. May be difficult due to late spawning of fish and cold water. The fish were still spawning on Memorial Day week end.

Good luck
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com