www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: This is indiana fishing reports.

Default This is indiana fishing reports.

any reports? I was out on webster the week before the tourny. Did not catch any but had 5 follows and 2 huge fish. All were on different lures(bucktails, bulldogs, cranks. etc.) Anything going on? If the only response is going to be some doing good some not doing good hehe, dont bother to post anything.

Fishing has still been pretty weird, and inconsistant. Multiple fish day one day...then nothing the next....two days of a "hot" lure, then it changes again and again.

With the weather being 100% inconsistant patterns and fish locations are changing ALOT.

Water temps have gotten up to the low 70's, but then this week with all the rain and cooler weather it is back down a little bit. We've had rain, clouds, wind, etc... Monday-Wed. of this week, now tomorrow it changes again and will be a post frontal high pressure, high sky day......everything is constantly changing every week or like I said I have seen conditions change from day to day as well.

My best advice...fish hard and fish smart. Pretty much a repeat of last spring.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Default report for 6/7

Bullsh{T, is how I would describe fishing today. Great clouds, light rain sprinkle, winds shifting, and no real aggressive fish. Raised four or five fish all on different baits in different depths and lakes on barbie. Fished over some bait fish with everything from kickin minnwows,gliders,dawgs,topwaters, and even tried some bottom jigging and down sizing with no luck. In the last muskie hunter, Tom Gelb talked about muskies getting negative with nothing to do with weather or moon phase. The only thing I can think of is the barometer was at 29.9, I've heard this number sucks but not sure, I don't usually pay attention, I just fish hard when I can. No one I talked to even saw a fish, but don't know about other guys. I do know one day I never saw a fish until I used a chartr. manta, then all sorts of action. Hope you guys weekend was better. Always seems when I get out there I hear, "man you should have been here the other day, it sucks now". Maybe they're watching the carp spawn. Anyone know when the shad spawn?

Yeah, I can relate. On my favorite water in Ohio we had good reports from Thursday and Friday. I spent 9 hours on the water Saturday and didnt even see a follow casting or get a rip trollin. It was a head scratcher for sure! We did see one troller boat a 34"r.

We spent almost 14 hours at Webster yesterday. We had six or seven follows. One follow was a pretty good fish. My partner got on to hit on a figure eight but we messed up the net job. He was throwing a Kickin' Minnow and when I went to scoop the fish, the lead treble hook actually got hooked in the net and we couldn't get it free. Needless to say in the time we tried to get it free, the fish figured us out and got away. It was the first time using a cradle and we just couldn't get it done. I feel bad for the guy, it was his first musky and it was a pretty nice one too. May have been 40" and if not it was definitely 38 or so.

I was pretty mad at myself of messing that one up!!!

Anyway. We're thinking about trying Tippy next week sometime. Neither one of us have been there before. We're looking for a good fishing map of that lake. Anyone have one they can email me? I've looked briefly online but haven't found one yet.

shibes24
    bp_shibes@yahoo.com

Try the Sportsman's Connection map books at walmart or Gander Mtn. I have both for Indiana. They are good enough to get a decent map of the lake and they have the breaks and humps. They run about $20 but I think their worth it.

Your right it has been a weird year. I have fished Ball lake all year and have yet to boat a fish . Coldfronts, wind , bluebird skies ,high pressure BLAH,BLAH,BLAH! This year stinks!