www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 6-1-09 Report

Default 6-1-09 Report

Did a quick evening trip tonight and found the water temps to be a little colder than I had thought they would be, only found a range of 58-61 degrees in the area we traveled. The big gills and crappie were still going strong and we kept enough for one meal and lost a few monsters.
    Looking forward to targeting some bass and pike in the next few days. I think the musky opener on Cass could be pretty slow with the high water and cold temps...pray for heat!
    First Choice Guide Service
    Brian Jones
    Web Site: http://www.fishingcasslake.com
    612-730-9620

Hi again Brian. Saw your post on the other site. I agree about the panfish, size is excellent. Last night I caught a 10" pumpkinseed that had a pound locked away. I just looked up the state record and it was record at 10.1" and 1.5lb. This guy was definitely not far off. He flopped over the side as I got done measuring. Was putting it back anyway. The only "complaint" I have on the panfish fishing is the GIANT number of rockbass I catch. They are out of hand.

The Rockbass population is pretty nuts, best way to help that out is to eat them. Not sure why some people say they are not for eating...in the early part of the year when the water is cold I throw them in the box and let the big male crappie and gills live to make more.
    First Choice Guide Service
    Brian Jones
    Web Site: http://www.fishingcasslake.com
    612-730-9620

Lemmee see....30 Rockies or 10 Crappie? But I sure would give my eyeteeth for those crappie!

Hope to see you Brian...be there Sat pm...come on over to PHole for luncheon on Monday why don'tcha? and meet some CRAZIES.

Default Panfish in July

I'd love to be able to hook up with some panfish for the kids. We really struggled in Wisconsin over Memorial Day as people we catching em left and right, but I couldn't.
    How will I be fishing for pannies at the end of July....little casting as possible with all the kids. I'd like to do bobber fishing. We're not going for anything to eat, just something for the kids to reel in.

HOW AND WHERE!!!!!!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!!!