Im sure anyone who recalls the good ole days on Lake Erie, can recall a 10 Walleye daily limit and in the dock by noon the fish stayed on the reefs until the end of July!Im sure a few recall the days when you could cast from the shoreline near battery park in Sandusky Ohio, behind the police station in the fall and limit out with an average of 10lbs.You had to get to the Lakeside pier by 5pm in order to have a spot and limits of 8lb and up were common.Huron pier probably set records off west wall and the river channel.I can recall a good freind of mine that introduced me to casting off the shoreline, who also said this will all be gone one day.Did it make sense to mandate a 4 fish limit on the reefs and rivers in the spring but allow a 6fish limit when the females returned with the feed bag in the fall?There are folks who say the hell with size limits,slot limits and amounts allowable but then tell me how the heavens did the Walleye, Perch, Smallmouth populations get so low?Im not gonna put the entire blame on overharvesting by sportsfishermen but they helped.The biggest problem with the Walleye, Perch and Bass is not VHS, amazing still some folks dont have a clue that even exist!Yes there are still alot of good fish in the Big Pond but there are a hell of alot of bad ones that got put in by freighters releasing water from the ballast why not fine them?From all I can gather they say the problem with the reproduction is because of Hot water so far no team to fix that issue.I know I type too much but it depresses me to see where the big pond is heading add up all the factors without stocking Walleye, the lake is gonna boil down in numbers but still have a bait population explosion but lets cross our fingers and stock some more steel head that will fix everything.Dont need someone to post pics of big Smallies, realize they are protected.Sincerely C.B