www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The Big Pond!

Thumbs down The Big Pond!

My favorite (TOPIC) Lake Erie.Wonder how many anglers realize you cant keep a Largemouth or Smallmouth out of Lake Erie,which includes miles of rivers until June 29th?Charter Boat Captains, Ohio Guides, on the big pond are now facing foreclosures by Golly they let the abusers off 4 years ago, who were involved in money laundering,taking 4tons of illegal sized perch out of the lake killing tons of undersized perch but they didnt take any Walleye?For the vast waters of Lake Erie, a 4fish limit on Walleye, is on the books signed sealed and delivered for 2010.Perch limits will also decline for the SPORTSFISHERMEN but those same clowns who put a hurtin on the big pond are still in business making 6 figure incomes and probably laughing how they got away with raping the lake.No more could have been done to stop the assualt 4 years ago but alot of the folks in Ohio Govt seats didnt want to put the good old boys out of business chose the 3 strikes your out attitude.Can you spell GHOST TOWN to once was called WALLEYE CAPITAL of the world.Sad part it could have been fixed but it wasnt cost effective good luck to the anglers seeking Walleye and Perch on the big pond this year depressing. C.B

Default Might be a good time to consider stocking Musky?

The Lake is full of harmfull explosions of non native fish stock Saugeye and rid the Gobies off the reefs.Stock Musky to keep the the bait fish explosion in check do nothing and watch the lake get over run with shad and shiners.Want proof of over populated bait fish out of control go to the Huron Pier in the fall you might get lucky and see someone catch a Walleye! Depressing but its not my fault Ohio couldnt take better care of the big pond.Funny how I once felt that way about inland lakes now its reversed.

Default The Big Pond!

Im sure anyone who recalls the good ole days on Lake Erie, can recall a 10 Walleye daily limit and in the dock by noon the fish stayed on the reefs until the end of July!Im sure a few recall the days when you could cast from the shoreline near battery park in Sandusky Ohio, behind the police station in the fall and limit out with an average of 10lbs.You had to get to the Lakeside pier by 5pm in order to have a spot and limits of 8lb and up were common.Huron pier probably set records off west wall and the river channel.I can recall a good freind of mine that introduced me to casting off the shoreline, who also said this will all be gone one day.Did it make sense to mandate a 4 fish limit on the reefs and rivers in the spring but allow a 6fish limit when the females returned with the feed bag in the fall?There are folks who say the hell with size limits,slot limits and amounts allowable but then tell me how the heavens did the Walleye, Perch, Smallmouth populations get so low?Im not gonna put the entire blame on overharvesting by sportsfishermen but they helped.The biggest problem with the Walleye, Perch and Bass is not VHS, amazing still some folks dont have a clue that even exist!Yes there are still alot of good fish in the Big Pond but there are a hell of alot of bad ones that got put in by freighters releasing water from the ballast why not fine them?From all I can gather they say the problem with the reproduction is because of Hot water so far no team to fix that issue.I know I type too much but it depresses me to see where the big pond is heading add up all the factors without stocking Walleye, the lake is gonna boil down in numbers but still have a bait population explosion but lets cross our fingers and stock some more steel head that will fix everything.Dont need someone to post pics of big Smallies, realize they are protected.Sincerely C.B