www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: What if......

Default What if......

Kinda bored and tired from getting pounded by the wind all day yesterday so here is an extreme "what if" question that could happen but most likely will not....... just for fun............

You are walleye fishing on LOTW/Vermillion/Eagle/Lac Seul/St. Larry or some other big fish factory. As you are reeling in your walleye, a musky takes her from the side. Your partner gets the net and before the musky lets go, she gets scooped up and is in the net. (The musky had no hooks in her face but managed to hold on long enough to get scooped.) This musky is also the new world record.

Does it count?? Even if it technically counted, do you turn it in as the new world record knowing there were no hooks in her face and you were not targeting muskies in the first place?? Could you handle the criticism if your "new world record" was actually caught hanging onto a walleye during a walleye trip??

Let's hear some opinions on this one.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 06-01-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

i wouldn't have a problem taking credit for the fish. Not many folks who are out fishing other species would release a big ski like that... a good example is the Pa fish that nailed a trout last year. I know this will never happen to me because if I ever make it to any of those waters I Will Not be fishing walleyes LOL!!! Cool question for sure.

Default World record

Yea, you would see my picture on the front of every muskie magazine in the country! I'd be the one wearing a LL BEAN SHIRT and the LEVI JEANS with ROCKY BOOTS! I'd be the one holding the ST CROIX ROD with the SHIMANO REEL on it! I'd tell the story about how I caught it on my RAPALA LURE and scooped it up in my FRABIL NET in my RANGER BOAT that I pulled with my CHEVY TRUCK! I would even get a picture on my SONY CAMERA! Hey, I wonder if I can get any SPONSERS OR PROMOTIONS if I caught the WORLD RECORD muskie!!!!(LMAO!!)

Brian

I would say it counts. You still managed to get the fish up and into the net. Put your name in the record books and eat the Walleye for Dinner!!!

It technically would not count. In Ontario, using "gamefish" as bait is illegal.

Wink Walleyes?!

Walleyes?! I can't even get my mind around that scenario. What kind of musky nut would go to a place like that and waste time fishing for walleyes? HA!

I would probably count the fish too but I would at least tell everyone that before I landed the walleye, I was doing a fig-8 when the musky inhaled it.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

let the walleye go and just say the musky hit the jig??

hard to say.

get good pics and video and release the beast!

Id keep it...wouldnt tell Warner how I caught it though!!!!!!!!!!!