www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pewaukee?

Default Pewaukee?

Any reports on Pewaukee? I'm coming in from out of town to see a buddy, and he and I are going to give it a try on Wednesday. Just curious about water temps, weed growth, activity levels in general. Thanks.

HI Dave,

I have not been on Pewaukee yet this year because studying for my Captains license had keep me close to home. I have a buddy that has had over 25 muskies in the boat already this year and after spawn things slowed down for about a week. He said things are just starting to pick up again. I would concentrate on efforts on mainly weed edges. Good luck out there and let me know how you guys end up.
    Captain Doug Kloet's Guide Service
    E-mail- dougkloet@att.net
    Web Site: http://www.dougkloet.com

Capt. Doug -- Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know if we have any luck. Thanks again.

Fished Pewaukee on Wednesday. Winds out of the NE at 10 to 20 mph, partly cloudy in the morning, clearing in the afternoon to bluebird skies. Tough cold front type conditions. The water temps were in the mid 60s. The weeds are a little behind usual apparently, but there was some really nice cabbage in areas, and the weed flats are starting to fill in. You could fish above the weeds almost everywhere. We managed to raise 14 fish, but all were lazy follows -- low and slow. We threw everything we had at them -- bucktails, jerkbaits, crankbaits, soft plastics -- you name it, we threw it. Not much of a pattern emerged as to which lure or lures were the ticket. If anything, it seemed like suicks and reef hawgs got most of the attention in the morning and crankbaits in the afternoon. Seems like the fish are pretty much set up on their typical spots. Now its just a matter of getting some decent weather. Good luck.