www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pure gas

Default Pure gas

Can anyone tell me who is selling ethanol-free gas around town? I want to be nice to my two stroke engines. Thanks to RK for the pictures and information. When I have a bit more time and money I hope to learn to dive, although I have a hard time reaching the bottom of a deep swimming pool even with snorkle gear. The pressure gets to me. Hopefully a class would teach you how to get over that. I would enjoy seeing more of the lakes I fish.
    Last edited by Bobberdown; 06-01-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Default No Ethanol

That is a tough one. In most cases where a station has no ethanol, it will be in the premium grade. One of my last hold outs was Bennett's Sinclair at Airport Road in Middleton, but they are no longer pumping gas. I also have to check out if the Phillips 66 in Middleton across from Zimbrick VW has brought back no ethanol since their premium prices were up there with Bennett's. (Edit- this is confirmed. They are offering no ethanol in the premium blend).

I was told that the Cenex at Hwy 14 and Pleasant View road was no ethanol in premium. (Edit- this is confirmed. There are two pumping areas- Ethanol pumps and non ethanol pumps.) There is also an independent gas station on the east side on Cottage Grove road. (Edit- this is Waynes Automotive). There was a Citgo on Fordem Avenue that was ethanol free, but I don't know if that is still the case.

I would also recommend checking out Shell stations. A number of them throughout the state have their V-Power (93 octane) grade in a no ethanol blend, but is not always guaranteed.

For the list below, this is from some other forums. You will want to confirm if this is still the case:

Deforest- Casey's General Store
    Madison Near West- Bill's Hildale Shell- University Avenue
    Madison Far West- Citgo- Gammon Road and Odana
    Madison Central- BP Station /M S Mart- 318 Park Street
    Madison Central- Shell- 950 Park Street
    Madison East- Seversons Citgo- Milwaukee Street and Fair Oaks
    Madison East- Wayne's Automotive- 220 Cottage Grove Road.
    Madison Far East- Avenue Shell- 4821 Annamark Drive
    Madison North- Northport Shell- 1423 Northport Drive
    Madison South- Sinclair- Park Street
    Monona- "There's a station right on Monona drive just west of the golf course that advertises its gas as having no ethanol.
    Verona- Citgo- 103 Prairie Oaks Drive
    Windsor- Mobil
    Last edited by SecretLake; 06-04-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Waynes Automotive on Cottage Grove road is 100% ethonal free. There is also a bait store right around the corner (Harleys) by the Walgreens. Great minnows there. You can kill 2 birds with one stone before going out.

The shell station on Northport no longer sells non-ethanol gas.

The citgo station on T close to North Thompson Drive, east of the roundabouts sells 100% gas in premium.

Thanks, Wayne's it is for me. I do like the little bait shop in that liquor store. I don't think any shop compares to D&S in town, but for a few waxies or monnows it can be convenient. Too bad ethanol-free gas is getting hard to find; I like the concept of corn gas but we all run gas through too many engines to be pulling water into the fuel.

Default No Ethanol

If you guys know of gas stations selling no-ethanol fuel, can you post information such as gas brand, station name, and address? I am creating a link on my web page for stations in wisconsin that are ethanol free. I'll post the link when I have this compiled.

Thanks.

Default Jim's BP University Ave.

Jim's BP has premium w' no ethenol. Close to launches on Mendota.

Default No ethanol

Wayne's is a good bet for the no ethanol gas and if you need some bait and tackle the Ace Hardware across the street sells bait and tackle in their lower level.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bobberdown View Post
    Can anyone tell me who is selling ethanol-free gas around town? I want to be nice to my two stroke engines. Thanks to RK for the pictures and information. When I have a bit more time and money I hope to learn to dive, although I have a hard time reaching the bottom of a deep swimming pool even with snorkle gear. The pressure gets to me. Hopefully a class would teach you how to get over that. I would enjoy seeing more of the lakes I fish.
    I think most of the citgo station have unleaded gas and also the bp station I think have it. Bye for now Tom

"When I have a bit more time and money I hope to learn to dive, although I have a hard time reaching the bottom of a deep swimming pool even with snorkle gear. The pressure gets to me. Hopefully a class would teach you how to get over that. I would enjoy seeing more of the lakes I fish."

This problem is corrected really easily. As you're descending, pinch your nose and blow GENTLY into it. You'll feel your ears "pop". This is called equalizing, because it equalizes the pressure in your head to the pressure under the water. This can be done multiple times during a descent to keep you comfortable. If you can't get your ears to pop it's important to not go any deeper though.

Diving without a tank is called freediving. There's a few of us in the area that freedive the Madison lakes and other south central lakes. Usually we do some underwater spearfishing while we're out. I PM'd you with more info.

Default No Ethanol

I think you replied to the wrong post. This topic is conversation of no ethanol gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_duckinator View Post
    "When I have a bit more time and money I hope to learn to dive, although I have a hard time reaching the bottom of a deep swimming pool even with snorkle gear. The pressure gets to me. Hopefully a class would teach you how to get over that. I would enjoy seeing more of the lakes I fish."

This problem is corrected really easily. As you're descending, pinch your nose and blow GENTLY into it. You'll feel your ears "pop". This is called equalizing, because it equalizes the pressure in your head to the pressure under the water. This can be done multiple times during a descent to keep you comfortable. If you can't get your ears to pop it's important to not go any deeper though.

Diving without a tank is called freediving. There's a few of us in the area that freedive the Madison lakes and other south central lakes. Usually we do some underwater spearfishing while we're out. I PM'd you with more info.

And I think you didn't read the original post. Here's the part that you missed:

"Thanks to RK for the pictures and information. When I have a bit more time and money I hope to learn to dive, although I have a hard time reaching the bottom of a deep swimming pool even with snorkle gear. The pressure gets to me. Hopefully a class would teach you how to get over that. I would enjoy seeing more of the lakes I fish."

Smile 100% gasoline

FYI, from last year, in case people are looking for places to get 100% pure gasoline (like me). -EM

Default No ethanol - west side of Madison/Middleton

Cenex in Middleton, as mentioned in a previous post, has a set of islands with ethanol-free gasoline. It's generally ten cents/gal more, and (despite what a previous reply implied) it's available in all three grades.