It seems as if everyone is either staying home or not talking lately so I figured I'd try to stir the pot a little.

I've been hearing some crazy differences in water temps from what I get on my boat lately. I'm wondering if my transducer is telling me the wrong temp but when I'm actually at the same lake with someone else, our temps are similar. I'm not talking about a small difference either. I was told some people are getting temps in the 70's already but I haven't seen anything over 62. I know that temps will vary with the depth of the transducer, but as you all know, my boat drafts shallower than anyone elses so I SHOULD be getting the warmest temps, which isn't the case.

This really doesn't affect fishing that much, but when someone tells me it's 74 on one lake, and I go there the next day under similar weather conditions and get 60, something is going on. Too bad there wasn't a way to calibrate the temp.

I'm just wondering what everyone (if anyone is actually alive out there) is getting for water temps. I'd like to try to get some posts with the date, lake, and depthfinder model, (and also if it's on the trolling motor or not) just for comparison purposes. SOMEBODIES temp is wrong, just wondering who's.

The fish are NOT biting, so I have nothing left to do but to ponder tough questions such as this....