www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Chippewa Flowage East Side

Smile Chippewa Flowage East Side

Fishing on the Chip was on and off this past weekend. Friday night it was hot and heavy and the eyes were without a doubt on the bite . Things shutdown somewhat after the storm came through on Friday night and Saturday morning the fishing was tough with only one keeper caught and after the wind picked up and blew all day managed one nice fish Saturday evening. This morning managed two with a friend . Bite was on and off again as musky were cruising the area and the eyes would disappear until the musky was gone. Majority came on jig and leech with bright orange the best jig color.I go up every weekend to my camper and will post when I get home. With the cold weather crappies and gills have left the shallows for the time being. Gills are getting ready to spawn and guys I talked are getting some very nice ones.

PS. Tanner get out there and get the musky away from the eyes...LOL!
    Last edited by vman59; 05-31-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: forgot something

VMAN,
    thanks for the report!! Keep it up!

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

been seeing allot of muskyies surfacing off the rock bar off the west end of willow island and the humps to the NW of willow.One of which is a very very big fish as we saw him up close when he tried to grab an eye my fishing partner was trying to bring in. My estimate would be in excess of 45 inch's.

was out again this past weekend and fishing was tough to say the least. Most fish were suspened and extremely neutral.