www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Great Trip

Default Great Trip

Herbie:

Got back home safe yesterday and just wanted to thank you and the whole AML crew for another great early spring trip. Danny started off the trip by putting us on a bunch of football size smallmouth still up on reef structure. The lake trout were really the highlight this year. One day with Danny we boated an astonishing 43 trout. Another day with Mike saw 12 lakers in the boat by 1:00 pm before we went after other species. Cal and I managed another five lakers while focusing on walleyes. On the last Friday with Mike, we got 29 trout. The walleye were typical of the opening couple of weeks: lots of slotters and larger. It was fun to see Cal get a 27 and 26 incher on back to back casts, while my largest walleye only made it to 24 inches. The fly-in was a productive blast with lots of 19-20 eyes.

I hope these photos come across.

Cheers

Tom B.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2534.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	5070

Name:	IMGP2537.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	149.6 KB 
ID:	5071

Name:	IMGP2538.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	5072

Name:	IMGP2541.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	5073

Name:	IMGP2542.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	5074

Name:	IMGP2550.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	5075

Name:	IMGP2551.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	5076

Very nice pictures Tom. Looks like a great trip. Those smallies have really great coloration.

Look at Cal with a little more gray in the beard this year?!?! No worries my man, I got the same comment about gray hair and beard from someone today. HAHAHAHA. I guess they would call us "distinguished" looking.

See ya guys at AML soon, but as always, not soon enough.

-Dan

Nice fish.

Who's the old guy in the green rainsuit with the Grey Beard? Looks like an older version of a Musky guide I used to fish with out of camp?