Hey Gare and all the visitors,

Just wondering how you did on the opener and the past week for muskies if you've been out much Gare???

Our opener was really slow...planned on fishing the WMT on LVD, but after fishing for 3 days, I caught a 35" and we only had 2 upper-30's follow, we decided that we'd save our money for a different tourney. Fished several lakes since then, and the fishing was slow for the most part. Moved several fish on a clear-water lake in which all the fish were super shallow (just getting done spawning I would guess). The last two days have really seemed to kick-start the muskies. 8 follows (one low-40's and the rest 36-40") and one very small ski yesterday. Today: 3 follows and one lost at boatside. We probably could've had it in the net, but I opted to film instead of net as we're making a video this summer/fall. One of the follows was a mid-40" fish and another was one that was pushing 50. Spinnerbaits, bucktails, minnowbaits...lots of different baits working to move fish right now. Taking the weekend off to fix up some stuff on the boat, but we'll be back at it Sunday evening and all of next week.

Good luck out there everyone...catch a big one and most of all, have fun!
-Jake Bucki