www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Windy,Windy,Windy

Default Windy,Windy,Windy

The wind just does not want to stop blowing. 15-20 Thursday, 15-20 Friday and now they are calling for the same on Saturday with gusts to 30.
    Went out above "Pete" in the backwaters and had a good day though. Over 70 fish including 24 big crappies. 2 keeper and a bunch of "Shortie" walleyes, a couple dozen white bass, to many sheephead, a ton of catfish and two musky. If the wind stops we may be able to get out on the lake.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

hi jerry,

i was curious about something. it is obvious that you are a very experienced guide and it is probably safe to say that you are on the water almost everyday. you also seem to have very productive days. do you release all of the fish that you catch?

When I am on a guide trip it is entirely up to the customer to keep or release the fish we catch. I do request that they please release all musky and northern pike. When I am fishing myself, most are released with the exception of an occasional meal of crappie. White bass I keep for pickling.

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

thank you very much. i think that it is very admirable of you to release most of the fish you catch since you catch so many! i am usually only able to get up to castle rock once or twice a year (but i've been doing so for over 30 years) and while the fishing is good, we need to keep it that way. thanks alot!

Default eyelander

Jerry we had a great time Friday. I always learn something new on our trips with you. We did pretty well with the crappies The rest of our stay. We fished the lake Saturday and Sunday, and went back up north Monday. We caught some short walleyes, catfish and some huge sheepheads, even got a few small smallmouths. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks.
    Randy