www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Muskie reports for the St. Louis river 5-27-09

1. Exclamation Muskie reports for the St. Louis river 5-27-09

Just a update from from the opener last weekend, to present.
    looks like today will be the first day when the wind will not be blowing off lake superior, it has blown off the lake for 5 day straight, when this happens the water dows not warm up much, its only been in the 40's and low 50's for sir temp, darn cold!
    Pete, Bob & I have been out just about everyday, over the weekend was very slow, water temps in the low to mid 50's. If you can find warmer water in the back bays you will find active muskies. Things should heat up today with it going to be mid 70's for air temp.
    We have boated a few nice fish, Congrads to Ted on a Big Heavy 52" he got over the weekend, & Pete & I were out on Tuesday night and I got a nice 42" to start my year off, on a new double#8 blades rubber skirt, prototype bucktail, things should heat up the rest of the week and the muskie should get more aggressive moving into the early summer patterns.
    Attached is the 42"

Good Fishing & get a big Heavy!!!

Dustin Carlson
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-27-09 031.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	5022  
    Dustin Carlson
    Northland Muskie Adventures Guide Service
    651-323-8800

2. Thumbs up Update 6-1-09 muskies on the St. louis

The muskies are starting to heat up Boated a 38 & 42 on sunday and Pete & i were out last night and pete got a 37 & i got a 42, focus in areas where you find the warmest water, it seems it is still a one hit wonder bite, if you get one to follow she will eat, bucktails are the ticket right now and top water should turn on anyday now. also focus on wind blown shorelines, if it is windy out the warmest water will get pushed up along that shoreline and bingo there will be muskies there too!!
    Warmer water means= faster metabolism=muskies eat more=more in the boat

Dustin Carlson
    Dustin Carlson
    Northland Muskie Adventures Guide Service
    651-323-8800