www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: May 28, 2009

Talking May 28, 2009

Hi Folks. WALLEYE fishing remains strong as the season progresses. We are finding fish exactly where they should be at this stage of the game. New green weed growth and timber are the places to look. Area flowages are doing very well on walleyes and smallmouth and many of your mid-sized lakes that have decent weed-growth going will be your best choices for the upcoming week. We’ve even found fish on the large, clear waters moving into the earliest of coontail weed. Jig-and-minnow combinations are still working very well and I’ve begun to find fish taking leeches and crawlers quite aggressively despite the cooler water temps. On the flowages, 7 to 8 feet seems to be the magic number in timber when looking for walleyes, and 7 to 12 on most of the inland lakes.

CRAPPIE action was hot and heavy this past weekend and quite a bit of it is still going throughout the area. Many nice catches of crappies were reported throughout the weekend and early part of this week. Bobber-minnow rigs, tube jigs and little twisters have all been working very well fished in the shallows.

BASS have begun to move up into the shallows also in big numbers. If you like smallmouth fishing this is a magic time to catch some real beauties. I’ve been finding them biting very well on just about every water I’ve been on. Remember to get these fish back in the water quickly before drifting too far away from their nesting areas.

MUSKY activity has been receiving slow reports. Many fish are paired up in the shallow waters and are just laying there. Anglers have been running lures by them with no response. Some of the smallest musky waters seem to be putting on the best action. I have seen some big fish putting on feeds in these types of lakes.

That’s it for now. See you on the water. Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tim1.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	5011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tim2.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	5012  
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313