www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: wknd action

Default wknd action

Didn't get up until Sat. pm. Sun morning I fished one pool on the river and got 10 pike - all small - 6 bass up to 17", and had a 36" muskie come in several times and eyeball my jig.... he was all scarred up. I hit the flowage looking for crappies in wood and weeds, couldn't find 'em. Did get some perch, rock bass, and a 10" gill. Also managed 2 more bass. Today was rotten - too windy and I'm tired of fighting it so I worked on camp instead. Any ideas on the crappies would be welcome, my Vilas county strategies aren't working here.

Wink That sounds familiar

I think I heard that info at the sportsmans landing. I was the guy sittin in the boat waitin for my ride. good luck finding those crappies.

We had the Blair Lake site from wednesday through sunday, so we kept daily tabs on the crappie action up shallow.. simply put, they just weren't there yet. Sure there were a handful, but they were small (<10"), and few and far between. If you circled the whole lake you may have spotted a half dozen up shallow in the weeds and wood between various spots. You certainly couldn't have posted up on a spot and caught a limit of crappies anywhere (at least in Blair). We focused on the smallmouth instead, and had excellent action every day but Sunday all over the flowage.

Default yep that was me

Well I hope you weren't waiting too much longer for your bud. I'm glad to hear others were out scanning the shallows for beds or active fish, I was doing a lot of the same and just couldn't find 'em yet. Got a 4 day wknd coming up on june 6... hoping for heat.

Default luckeeeeeeeeey

luckeeeeeey