Well it was a bit slow for the opener. We saw several fish but they all seemed to be pretty slow and just coming up to take a look. Most of the action that we did get was on side to side gliders like the hell hound. We were moving fish in the 3-8 foot range in weeds. I did move one off of the rocks. We had water temps any where from 57 - 63 degrees depending on the lake. I would concentrate on the smaller lakes for more consistant action. I expect to see the fishing pick up here in the next week or so.
The crappies were up and providing very good action on crappies up to 14". I kept a few for a good fish fry on Sunday with some friends. Those panfish sure are good. We were selective on the fish we kept as when the fish are shallow and spawning they are very suseptible to fishing pressure. We have to make sure that they are able to spawn for good future fishing.
The bass are moving shallow now as well. I am seeing both Smallmouth and Largemouth beginning to bed up. We have been dealing with a north wind and frost advisiries at night so the fish move in and out. We need to get some consistant weather to get things really cranking.
The walleye fishing has been marginal. It has been a inconsistant bite. You really have to move aroung to find them. Minnows and jigs in the weeds have been the best bite. I think crawlers and leeches will kick in soon.

Good Fishing,