www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend Fishing

Default Weekend Fishing

Went out on Castlerock everyday this past weekend. Caught a bunch of 12-14 smallmouth back in snug harbor and by the south dam but couldn't find anything bigger. Caught the majority on Mepps #3 spinner and some on jointed rapalas. Snagged a couple of unwanted carp that put up huge fights. Watched people catch a ton of big crappie using minnows by the buckhorn bridge while I smallmouth fishing. Anyone have better luck this weekend and any kind of tips?

Was out on Sunday, not much going on. using a jig and a minnow in front of Splash did pick up a couple of shortie walleyes switched to trolling a mister twister with a spinner blade in front of the hunting ranch and Boy Scout camp and caught a bunch of white bass with a couple of nice crappie thrown in.It was a beauthiful day, and we had a great day on the lake.
    Jimmy J

"Fishin Holes and Bent Poles to all"

<*){{{{><

I was out on Sunday as well. Had a nice catch of crappies near the Buckhorn Bridge. walleye bite was a little slow.
    The walleye are starting to get active on "Pete" now.

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

Default Castle Rock/Petenwell Fishing Report

Was out on Petenwell on Saturday morning and could have caught catfish all day long. I think everywhere we stopped from Petenwell County Park north we caught them - jigging minnows in 4-15' of water, points, river channel, etc.. Tried trolling and throwing some cranks in a couple of spots as well with no luck. Carp are everywhere!
    Went out again on Petenwell Sunday and did get a few smallmouth down by the dam, trolled again with no luck. Went to the north end of the lake and did finally pick up a mixed bag of fish with the catfish being the predominant species (others were smallies, walleye and white bass). Seemed as though crawlers was the best bet, at least for the cats.
    Fished for a short time on Monday morning on Castle Rock. Picked up a few crappie and white bass over by the Buckhorn bridge. Had to get back early - wind picked up anyway so it was a good time to quit.
    Good to see you again on Saturday Jerry.
    Water temps in both lakes varied from 62.5 to just under 66. Clarity on Petenwell was better than on Castle Rock.
    Mosquitos are out!

Brad

Where's the fish-where's the fish!

I didn't get to fish until Tuesday AM. Storm moved in overnight. Temps and Barometer both went south. Water temps were still 60-62 degrees on CastleRock. My wife and I spent our 3 hours on the Buckhorn Bay side of the lake. Caught two white bass and that was all. Fished jigs and tails and/or minnow combinations.
    Figured out that my depth finder was set for too little sensitivity and once adjusted I could again see fish detail. I need dynomite.
    My job used to get in the way of my personal life, but not anymore.

Oh, bye the way, carp are going to take over the world. We tried different spots to fish, but if you plotted a line from the Little Yellow to between the old towers on Buckhorn Bay, we were in a river of Carp. It was about 50-100 yards wide for about three miles long. Unbelievable amount of carp. Mostly young. What is happening to the DNR's CARP control program? What I saw today was as bad as 10 years ago.

Get your snow shoes on and you'll be able to walk across the lake on CARP!

Luke
    My job used to get in the way of my personal life, but not anymore.

Brad's report was spot on, but I guess I was in the same boat with him Sunday and Monday!!! Only thing I might add was we went through 4 dozen fatheads along the way also.

Mark