www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for May 25

Default Fishing Report for May 25

Saturday, fished out on the phillips chain, first time on the lake, and we moved I think it was 7 fish, all but one looked to be over 40 inches which was cool, we moved one a slammer drop belly glider, like a low 40 inch fish, moved two more and lost one on a Monster Spoon, don't ask me how I lost a fish on a spoon but I did! lost another one on a chatter bait, had another follow a soft tail phanton, in the low 30's, and I lost another one on a JR cowgirl. looked to be a pretty nice one. All the fish were in shallow weeds, in your typical spring time locations.

Sunday, fished with jess for about an hour or two out on spider, had one small one follow a Rabid SQuirrel Spring tail, and that was it.

Water temps are in the mid 60's on the surface, its getting warm during the day but still a bit chilly at night, I think all the fish are recovering from spawning yet.

Good luck and post any reports that you might have.

Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

I hit the river on saturday and had a 30 incher follow in the first half hour on a topwater. Got a pike on a Rabid Squirrel, then later on lost a nice musky on topwater again..probably mid 40's. I should have had that one but I didn't freespool & thumb the line..too much pressure and it popped off back by the motor.

Got another pike on sunday but that was it. Water temps were low to mid
    60's.