Hello to all Readers---

I am new to this forum.. Let me introduce myself.....I am Rog Williamson, owner of Cat's Tails Tackle/ESOX Guide Service here in the NE Hayward area. I have been fishing here most of my life, and have lived in the Moose Lake area for the past 8 years.

I will provide a fishing report on this area's lakes often. I hear many reports (good and bad) working parttime at Hayward Bait & Tackle in town on the fishing in most of the area's lakes, and am out on the water 3 or more days a week, depending on the weather.

Lately it has been so windy, that I doubt that even the most dedicated souls have really ventured out to their favorite spots, or they would be blown off of them.. but..Today it is beautiful, sunny, and calm for a change, and here I am writing to all of you! Tomorrow, Sunday and Monday I will be out on the water, and will give a full report on what I have experienced over the long weekend. We will fish for musky, crappie, northern, bluegill and walleye

Recommendations:

Musky Avoid the larger double 10 bucktails, large cranks, and big topwater jerkbaits for now, until the water warms and weeds grow taller. Small lures are the ticket for this time of year. The muskies are still relating to the panfish, and walleye shallower spawn areas.
Northern Pike Use smaller bucktails, Stickbaits, northern suckers, and small crankbaits for good action most of the day.
Walleye A jig & minnow is great for now, or a slip bobber with a minnow or leech very early morning,or from late evening until dark. Also small stick cranks are good.
Bass Many smallmouth and largemouth bass are being caught while fishing panfish, northern and walleye by accident.....Remember, Bass is not yet open until June 20th in the northern zone of the state.
Panfish Use plastics, such as Tattletails, Cubbys, or tiny tubebaits under a weighted bobber, crappie minnows, leafworms, small leeches, or waxworms in 5-10 feet of water in most cases,(experiment with the depth) as they are just now spawning in most of our lakes.

Until next time.....Have a great,safe weekend,
and great fishing to all who venture out !