Hi all,

I have not fished the flowage in at least 5 years. My people and I traditionally launch from below the waterfall at the county park located on FF, and we fish the northern stretch of the flowage for really whatever bites. (usually walleyes, smallies, crappies)

I would like to try this at some point in the next few weeks, launch and begin fishing from the north end, but am afraid of killing my fiberglass boat or motor by running into an emergent stump. And from what I remember, some of these stump fields have been on the decline.... I think. So there might not be much of them left - or at least the ones I remember.

With these spring water levels, which I hope are higher than the usual fall when all is low, do I have much to worry about this time of year when it comes to navigation?

It might be smart on my behalf to invest in a map that at least shows the river channels... Any recommendations?

Also, what are the water temperatures out there? I plan on making a 45-minute trip to the TFF at some point next week as well as during the second week of June in search of some C&R state record size Smallmouth Bass.

Thanks a lot!