www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2009 Walleye Opener

Smile 2009 Walleye Opener

WOW! Fishing was outstanding. Woke up to a blanket of snow Saturday morning for opener. Some walleye were still in the spawn but many were already out and feeding hard. A ton of huge walleye caught between 24-30" and as usual this early in the spring it was harder to catch the smaller ones for supper but you can do it. The bite was on all day long. We were lucky enough to catch a few whitefish to cook up too!
    For all the big fish caught I was so happy to see them being released as well. We have a policy here at North Country Lodge not to keep any walleye over 18" and we are happy to report that very few people do want to keep them. Smaller limits and size limits work- Canyon Lake is definately proof of that!
    Happy fishing

Lydia Lecot
    North Country Lodge
    www.musky-fishing.com
    North Country Lodge
    Web Site: http://www.musky-fishing.com

Default Updates appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for the update on Canyon Lake and the Walleye opener.
    I'm sure you know that those of us who are coming up to fish with you are always eager for any kind of information concerning the fishing. It's been a long winter and I'm chomping at the bits to get back up there and wet a line.

In the mean time I have to do something to pacify myself and pass the time til it's time to head north again. After re-arranging the tackle boxes a dozen times, sharpened the hooks, relined the reels, made 15 lists of what to take, I'm still setting here waiting and wishing. So ANY information from North Country Lodge, whether its a fishing report, rule changes, border crossing info or just a weather report, is like a fix for a heroin addict.

Thanks for your web site. I know you are very busy running the camp but when you can work it into your schedule, please shoot us a few lines. We look forward to your reports. Hope you have a great season.
    pfessor (Earl R.)