www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Crappies

Default Crappies

The crappies were biting well today. The channel edge near the Buckhorn bridge and Little Yellow River are both producing nice catches. We had walleyes on the channel edge near Splase but the were all "shorties".

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

Good for you, Jerry. I take it that you were out on Sunday? My wife and I were out also. Fishing has been extremely slow for us. One keeper for the day. We typically look for Eyes, but haven't found any yet. It's driving me nuts. I haven't been able to figure out where all the fish are--I'm not even marking any on the finder. It's not like it was even 5 years ago. Have you figured the pattern out yet?

Luke

Hopefully this warm weather will help turn things around. The water temps are still a little cool for a consistant bite. The walleye are there, I catch them wherever I put a line in the water. They are not all keepers but action nun the less. Jig & Minnow and live bait rigging have worked well so far, and crawlers should start to work now as well.

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

Spent all last week in the area. Caught lots of Crappies in the shallow areas with brush. Fishing behind Edgewater really slowed down the last few days of the week, and I believe they are done spawning there for the most part. The water temp was quite a bit warmer there than other areas. Hit a few other bays that were protected from the wind and if there was cover there were fish. 1/32 ounce jigs tipped with crappie minnows or wax worms caught everything.

I agree, water temps are still cool compared to last year. May 2 the water temp was 10 degrees cooler than the same time last year at the trestle. May 17th the temp was just getting to that temp from early May last year. The temp seems to be about 3 weeks delayed this year.

Also on May 2, I found crappie, smallies and carp against the shoreline in Half Moon Bay. May17, they were gone.

Luke
    My job used to get in the way of my personal life, but not anymore.