www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2nd Trip to Caesars

Default 2nd Trip to Caesars

I made my second trip to Caesars last night and this morning. My first time out was last year when David Foor guided my friend Sid and I in Tom's place while he enjoyed a Turkey hunt trip he had won. We had a rough time even locating fish last year because of the stained water problems. This time out I'd have to say the clarity is very good. I went on a route similar to the one Dave had guided us on and used advice I got from both Dave and Tom regarding the current conditions. In among the Crappie tournament pre-fishers, at 4:30 yesterday, I caught a feisty 36.5" KY strain on a slow-motion figure 8. The fish was somewhat interested as it followed the lure back to the boat, seemed to disappear off the bow when I started the 8, then circled back and walloped a Bucher Slopmaster single Colorado. Thanks go out to Tom and Dave for the heads up on tactics and location! About 6:30 last night I had a hot follow on a 10" Manta (I don't have any smaller ones), but he spooked badly when I started the 8, never to be seen again. This morning was uneventful, those east winds never seem to work in my favor!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC 36.5 smaller.JPG 
Views:	247 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	4800  

Great job Tony doing it "Solo".