www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sturgeon Bay beats Algoma

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Sturgeon Bay

Kevin your right, but in a recent article you touted that Algoma caught the most king salmon, The DNR numbers show that Stugeon Bay charters catch more kings salmon (per hour and per trip)....than other ports ven when Algoma Charters sometimes run to Sturgeon Bay.... The fish Algoma charters catch are added to the Algoma totals so the numbers are actually farther apart than you think... Finally the charter fishing data is the most accurate data available, and is much better than the data from private anglers....
    I guess if you really wanted to compare the quality of fishing you should also take into consideration the number of lines that charter boats run. This data is also avaiable and I've started to compile it... I'd guess we run less than 1/2 the lines that most charters do. Mainly because we concentrate on structure and avoid the heavy wieghts and birds most of the time... Our fishing stands out over the rest.... The fact that other charter boats run 15 to 20 miles to fish the bank when the fishing gets tough and that the Algoma Challenge was won fishing the bank helps solidify the quality of the Salmon fishing in Sturgeon Bay over most...
    Last edited by Captain Scott Gutschow; 05-26-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Reel Action Charters
    Captain Scott Gutschow

Web Site: http://www.reelactioncharters.com/index.shtml