The guests at Boreal Bay Lodge enjoy many different adventures during our season and our website has very few pictures of the Cedartree portage.

This past Sunday Jennifer went along with me while I carried in the motors and checked over our boats at the Cedartree portage. Jenny was great at pointing out things we really should have pictures of to help our guests with adventures on Cedartree.

As you approach the red DANGER marker floats - you are getting very close to the Cedartree portage. As you approach these DANGER floats, tie and anchor your boats to shore about 50-100 yards to the north of the DANGER floats.

Jennifer made me climb through the bush to get this photo looking out on Cedartree Lake from above the water falls.

Photo taken from the Cedartree portage trail about half way down the hill.

This is a little better picture of where our boats are parked at the portage. Near the island (or peninsula depending on water depth) is a very shallow spot with rocks and rapids. When going into Cedartree, float the rapids with motor off and up out of the water. Use a small long log to maneuver down the rapids avoiding the rocks. Going up the current works best with motor prop just barely in the water and use the long log to push and steer. My wife Jean has handled the steering around the rocks through the rapids several times and would advise it is not very hard.

Cedartree is a an excellent fishing adventure with frequent Northern Pike, Bass and Walleye action. Jumbo perch, Muskies and even a few Lake Trout have been found in Cedartree.

Regards,