www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Havana Jack

Question Havana Jack

After watching 7 episodes of Bob Mehsikomer pound muskies on the Havana Jack, I finally ordered a couple of them yesterday.

Has anyone had success with them (or the Jackpots)??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

So far, I've only had Pike action on the Jackpots, seems to be the case with everything so far this Spring. LOL They are another bait that I have just started using this year. I do believe that the waters may have been a bit cool for Musky on the surface, but I just wanted to try them out and get the feel of them. I don't have any of the Havana Jacks.

The water should be gearing up for top water . The jackpot is a good bait and has worked for me in the past on both river basins and lakes . I t is a matter of keying in on the active time on a certin type of water if you can narrow that down then you will be down with the sickness,it could also bring you mutiple fish days and several strikes. For tv I would key in on the top water bit ,because I thought it was the most captivating fishing in the speicies. If you can find that fine line were they are peaking on top water you will think you hit a gold mind .The peak time are not always the same in different bodies of water and will vary sometimes vary drasticlly.There is nothing eles like it though and the love for it will never end.

Thats what I am hoping. Between the Flyrod, Mantas, and Jackpots, I am hoping that all of the "practice" i have got this Spring will have me as prepared as possible for when the big girls decide that I am doing something right. LOL