www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A Loss in the RFRG Family-photo added

Default A Loss in the RFRG Family-photo added

Sorry to report that I just got some sad news from Florida. Terry Blake who was a weekly listener and frequent caller to the show passed away last Friday following a motorcycle accident. I knew Terry for many years prior to his move to Florida and he was always very supportive of our efforts at putting together Regular Fishin' for Regular Guys radio. He said he loved listening because it reminded him of good memories of life in the upper midwest.

One of my fondest stories of Terry was his account of going ice fishing for the first time walking out on the ice in jeans and cowboy boots! You can imagine how well that turned out. Terry had the gift of not taking himself too seriously and loved a good joke even if it was at his own expense.

While I'm greatly saddened by the loss of a good old friend I'm sure Terry would be one to say "hey dude, get over it, that's life and none of us get out alive". None the less he will be missed as a friend and I always enjoyed his calls to the show with his reports from Florida. Condolences will be sent to his wife Marge who is a great gal herself.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Here are the particulars about Terry's passing and memorial services for any interested folks:

Terrence R. Blake, 56, of Cape Coral, Florida, died Friday, May 8, 2009, following a motorcycle accident.

An informal gathering to celebrate Terry’s life will be held at the SWFAS building, 1105 Cultural Blvd, next to Cape Coral City Hall, on Saturday, May 16, from 4-6 p.m. and

An informal gathering to celebrate Terry’s life will be held at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 1125 Franklin St, Downers Grove, Illinois on Saturday, May 23, from 4-6 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Coastal Conservation Assoc - Florida, PO Box 56886, Orlando FL 32856-8886

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

To all who knew Terry, my heart felt condolences!!! Only knew Terry from the radio show, his voice was very recognizable and had hoped to get to meet him on one of my trips to FL. Again God speed to those who knew Terry.

Mark

Like Mark, I kad only "met" Terry thru the RFRG show...

But my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends...

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I just got a nice e-mail from Terry's wife Marge saying how much he looked forward to listening to the show every week. Makes me feel like maybe we're doing something good for folks out there. Marge also sent me another copy of this photo that Terry had submitted last year during the photo contest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terry Blake photo entry 1.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	4786  

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Default rfrg

As I sit looking out the window at a blustery, grey sky, with a chill chasing through the air... a tear falls and my heart feels the warmth this man carried to us all from a thousand miles away... I find comfort in knowing my friend will always live clean, ride hard, and above all... fish...

Goodbye my friend.