www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sections of the Lake

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Sections of the Lake

First off, let me start out by saying that the recent posts have been very informative so please keep them coming.

My crew and I have been coming to Eagle Lake for 5 years and we have always stayed at another resort. Yes, yes, the boos and hisses are well deserved. The main reason for staying at another location is our knowledge of the middle and southern sections of the lake....especially the Stanton Bay/Island and Osborne Bay locations. I couldn't possibly imagine not fishing those areas of the lake during our annual trip. Herbie, does anyone at your camp travel to those areas during their stay?

My real question here is, if you take the lake and divide it into thirds, what advantages does AML's Northwest section of the lake have over the middle and southeast sections of the lake?

After studying these posts, I have come to the realization that what my annual trip is missing is the sharing of information. Guides where we stay aren't the greatest at sharing their locations and methods which drives me nuts. They claim that the only advantage for fishing the upper third section of the lake is lake trout. OK, I'm not an idiot and I see all the monster musky/pike that are caught by AML patrons. We have always found fish and considered our trips successful however, I know that staying at AML would be more informative in terms of hearing the productive methods and locations of fish caught/seen. However, does it outweigh the benefit of our knowledge of the other two sections of the lake?

We intended to stop by AML last year to check out the camp one evening during inclement weather. However, last year, the weather was favorable and based on our success after dinner, we couldn't risk not fishing. We intend again this year to stop by AML and hope to meet Herbie and check out the camp. Hope to read a few opinions, especially DanR and Alex.....

TJ
    Last edited by The Outlaw TJ; 05-09-2009 at 08:55 AM.