www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Message from Wayne and Lydia at NCL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fishing Canyon Lake

mikeuwl---send my an e-mail. My e-mail address is: minker@butler-bremer.com and we'll talk fishing. I don't mind telling people where to fish on Canyon or what I have had luck using.

Russ

Default Canyon Lake Fishing - July 17th - 23rd

We fished Canyon Lake last week and stayed with our wonderful hosts, Wayne and Lydia. We always have a great time! The Smoked Trout Chowder was sensational! The whole camp meal was great for that matter!
    Fishing wasn't the same as last year...but we always caught between 15 to 23 walleye every night. I would recommend slip bobbers in 11' to 12' foot of water. We did better with leeches, but minnows worked also. They really start biting in the evening between 8:30pm to 9:45pm. Daytime fishing was tough. We had many musky follows and only caught one, but the follows were very exciting. Most of our fish were caught up Outlet Bay. Trolling Lindy Rigs can also be very productive in the evening. The key is the 11' to 12' foot depth for walleyes. We rarely caught anything any deeper. As for big fish, we caught one 27" 7lb walleye our first afternoon around 3:00pm. Most of our other walleye were 14" to 20" and caught in the evening. This was my 3rd time at Canyon and my father's 4th time, so we know the lake fairly well. Good luck to all...it's a great lake, but you have to work at it some time.