www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Message from Wayne and Lydia at NCL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Just got back

shmcbroom,
    Just got back from Canyon lake.
    The Walleyes were hitting anything that looked like a minnow.
    Jigs with live minnows, leeches, mister twisters, etc. Walleyes were most active after 5:00 PM. The Bass weren't doing much until about Thursday and a couple of groups started getting them along the rocky shorelines.
    The water temperture had finally gotten slightly above 60 degrees (F) by Thursday. This next week should be great for bass.
    The muskeys were showing up chasing the walleyes and a few were caught
    (and released immediately) by various groups.
    Hope this helps,
    pfessor

Default Pfessor

Thank you for the update. Has anything happened with the Mayflies yet? How much does this affect the fishing on Canyon?

Quote Originally Posted by shmcbroom View Post
    Thank you for the update. Has anything happened with the Mayflies yet? How much does this affect the fishing on Canyon?
    I Can't answer that. I am definately a novice on fishing walleye and that was my first time at Canyon.
    Sorry.
    pfessor

Default pfessor

Thanks for the response. Did you stay at North County Lodge? We are staying at Blyth's. Did you have any problems getting around on the lake or was there always protected water on windy days?

Thanks for your responses.
    If you can't tell, I can't wait to get on the water!

Default shmcbroom

We stayed at North Country Lodge about 200 yards away from Blyth's.
    Only one day was too windy to enjoy the lake. Even then some boats went out. I think it was Sunday when the weather got too rough for me. The rest of the week was fine. There are some bays you can get into to help shelter you from the winds a little. Keep in mind there aren't any mountains within miles to block the wind from any direction. With the weather warming I'm sure you'll be fine.
    pfessor