We arrived on Sat. with water temps close to 80F, muskies were really active and netted a 34 and 35.5 and several 50+ follows Sat. ..............and then the weather kicked in with wind shifts for the first 5 days and the water temp cratered down about 8-10F with muskie fishing going along with it. We have found that muskie fishing is phenomenal when water temps are > 75F on this lake. Walleyes are finding something else to eat or are not biting. We spent too much time on them trying to get enough for 3 fish fries and a conservation limit of 12-13" fish during the week. This was our first time back in 3 yrs and walleye fishing is in serious decline and was a great disappointment, we went to this lake for 5 yrs straight from 2003 to 2008 and every night, regardless of weather, you would get sick of catching 30 or more 20-27" fish, my nephew caught 6 26" fish in two hours one night. We would have 3 on at once and would just pitch them in the boat with the net, a total gas! 3 people would go through 2# of leeches in 5 days. There is something going on in the lake and we couldn't figure it out. We had our best luck gunning beaver houses and fallen trees. We didn't catch one fish over 15"! Normally, we have a difficult time getting enough eater size fish (<20") during the week and will keep none larger in the interest of keeping this lake the great fishery it is ( or was). I did notice Mayflies for the first time on the dock, not in great numbers, some never the less.

We had the great pleasure to cross paths with Russ and Kathy, whom we had gotten to know over the years. If Russ isn't catching walleyes, somethings wrong! Great people!

I'm sure some folks did better and were more adaptable but we really didn't see or hear of anyone crowing about how great the walleye fishing was. Bass (not in great numbers) would only take a vertical jig with leech usually off the beaver houses and trees but showed no interest in artificials. I'm sure the weather shifts played a role in our luck. I hope we hear some more positive news going forward as this is an awesome lake. Looking to see what Russ posts as he will be up there until mid Aug.