www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Message from Wayne and Lydia at NCL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Night Fishing

Deetch,

Jake or a Suick are a good choice. Also top water works fine, any thing thats make a lot of noise. A large bucktail like a cowgirl works the best got us.

Bob

Default Report

How is the fishing on Canyon lately? The countdown is on. We are heading up on July 5th.

Smile BobC

What color of cowgirls did you use? I have great luck with topwater for musky, I love to see the water explode!!!!!!

Default Cowgirl

Russ,

We used a silver and blue one last year. But I bought a new orange and black one that we are going to try this year. I agree I like the topwater the best. We will save some of the big ones for you late comers!

Bob

Talking BobC

Put a red X on the water where you see the big one or where you are catching the walleyes!!!!!!

Talking musky's

This name is for you deetch. lol. If someone could please tell me what a cowgirl is that would be greatly appreciated. I need to outfish deetch, he has had big muskie for the past four years and im tired of listening to that big trap rattle on. Also and good walleye hotspots or rigs would be helpfull for the evening.

Smile kipwinkleman

A cowgirl is a big bucktail (flashabou tail) made by Musky Mayhem Tackle. It's a big bait and it's been really "HOT" the last couple of years up in Canada. The one that has been the best from everything I've seen and heard is the double cowgirl, it has double #10 blades on it. You can get them from Rollie & Helen's Musky Shop or order on-line. They are rather exspensive, but cheaper in the States than in Canada.

Default Report

Does anyone have a report from this last week? Is there any particular jigs/lures to bring for fishing walleyes.
    Only a couple weeks before my trip.

Default Just got back

shmcbroom,
    Just got back from Canyon lake.
    The Walleyes were hitting anything that looked like a minnow.
    Jigs with live minnows, leeches, mister twisters, etc. Walleyes were most active after 5:00 PM. The Bass weren't doing much until about Thursday and a couple of groups started getting them along the rocky shorelines.
    The water temperture had finally gotten slightly above 60 degrees (F) by Thursday. This next week should be great for bass.
    The muskeys were showing up chasing the walleyes and a few were caught
    (and released immediately) by various groups.
    Hope this helps,
    pfessor

Default Pfessor

Thank you for the update. Has anything happened with the Mayflies yet? How much does this affect the fishing on Canyon?

Quote Originally Posted by shmcbroom View Post
    Thank you for the update. Has anything happened with the Mayflies yet? How much does this affect the fishing on Canyon?
    I Can't answer that. I am definately a novice on fishing walleye and that was my first time at Canyon.
    Sorry.
    pfessor